Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Influence Maps

I was at the beach all last week, which unfortunately means I didn't get any work done.  But, I'm getting back into it.

Gameplay Update

Now, instead of destroying an enemy tower after a successful attack, you take over its control as one of your own.  I'm thinking this will help speed up games and encourage aggressive play, which I want.

Influence Maps

I'm getting ready to implement the AI, so that I can finally start play testing and refining the game concept.  This will be my first attempt at building an AI but I'm confident I can produce a good result.

I spent today researching influence maps and found these three very helpful resources:
  1. The Core Mechanics of Influence Mapping
  2. Game School Gems: Influence Maps Part 1
  3. Game School Gems: Influence Maps Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment